Friday, March 30

Spring Break Sign Out

Finally, this week draws to a close. This final week before spring break has been one of the busiest weeks I've had here at college. Through procrastination, somewhat I did do it to myself and that's what really hurts. There are a few topics I want to mention before I sign off for break.

Britain/Iran thing

You're full of shit and we all know it, government of Iran. You're not fooling anyone. They have nothing to confess. In short, we should offer the British our assistance, but let them take charge. They are our brothers. It's like they're asking for a war. Thanks, Carter. Tharter.

Electioneering

I voted today via absentee in front of Walgreen's on State and RotS signed my envelope. Don't vote the wrong way, vote Ray!

Communism

It's a nice thought, but...no. It's definitely food for thought, though. Besides, now I know their arguments. Saying this as a quasi-libertarian, I'm willing to trade some market controls to keep people from thinking communism is better. Capitalism needs all kinds of different ideas to work (communism tries to stifle all others out), then it picks off the best parts of other things so it's here to stay.

Videos!

Here are some clips to keep you tied over for a week:

-From SNL last week: Maraka, Payton Manning-United Way
but the best character of all time is this guy
-Midlake, a band I found a few weeks ago: Roscoe, Young Bride
(any of you heard any good new music lately?)
-There's a British show called "Look Around You", they've got 8 episodes (1. Maths, 2. Water, etc. )and then a computer episode (in 3 parts) so Czech that out, it made me laugh really hard
-Oh, and then there's this:


Happy spring break!

1 comment:

Dorshorst said...

"Capitalism needs all kinds of different ideas to work (communism tries to stifle all others out), then it picks off the best parts of other things so it's here to stay."

It seems as though you are describing capitalism by using the metaphor of capitalism.

Anyway, have a good break. And I really hope you weren't naked when you voted.