Many times the op/ed's in the student newspapers are unintentionally rather funny. I normally page through Badger Herald online because their articles allow comments. (The Daily Cardinal ought to get comments, too. That'd probably help their readership. ) The comments are usually a good reality check for whoever penned their craziness.
Today in the BH, there's a rather funny op/ed piece about how voting is bad. It was written by UW-Madison's favorite self described "Community Activist, Anti-Authoritarian Social Revolutionary and Anarchist philosopher." It saddens me to find out he's graduated. You may remember him from his frequent commenting on Letters in Bottles.
Even funnier than the actual article are the comments.
- "who describes themselves as a "Social Revolutionary"? I'm sure Che didn't have that printed on business cards."
- "Finally a moment when Democrats and Republicans can unite... and call this guy a moron."
- "LET THIS BE A WARNING TO ALL UW GRADS WHO FAIL TO LEAVE MADISON."
- "He's not a socialist, he's an anarchist... but still, he's a moron."
- "How does a Community Activist, Anti-Authoritarian Social Revolutionary and Anarchist philosopher make a living these days? If the answer is free-market capitalism, I will figuratively crap myself."