Sunday, June 4

Oh, the places I've been

The mountain to the left of me is 13,000 feet tall and I was higher than a kite at 10,000 feet. It was very cold and snowy.

Have I stories to tell you! And photos! I just got the internet working in my dorm room in Toulouse, France after riding on trains all day from the mountains in Switzerland to Toulouse, France. Luckily, we made it with about an hour of daylight left. Don't be out after dark in France. That's when the mimes come out.

I would have blogged and emailed but I was cut off in Salzburg and Switzerland.

I haven't been here long enough to accurately size up France, but I can say that it looks very different here in the south of France from the other parts of Europe I've seen, mainly, Germany, the Alps, and the British Isles. But I'll wait to share that later.

Finally, whilst I was in the mountains, the visitor count surpassed 1,000 and currently stands at 1,008! The first post was March 17, a little more than 10 weeks ago. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

theothergintas said...

The places you've been...

France, Germany, Austria. Rough. Sir, please try going to Central America, Africa, Southeast Asia to get a real perspective of the world. There is much more out there than you know... If you need a hand, check out Engineers Without Borders at UW-Madison. Might open a bit of an eye for you...

Kudos nonetheless & Go Bucky...