Wednesday, May 10

What's to Come

Well, about an hour ago I finished my last final, calculus, so it's time to take care of business. As you may have noticed, the picture at the top looks a little different. 'Tis true, I'm studying abroad with the College of Engineering in France at Ensica for two months, from the end of May to the end of July. My collegues and I will be traveling around from our base in Toulouse, France.

In case you're wondering, I don't speak French; I do Spanish and a little German. But I have started to learn some phrases. Luckily, the classes are in English by UW profs.

I'm looking forward to seeing Europe, French bread, and having interesting debates with Europeans. I wonder if the French have a word for "laissez-faire".

I can't wait to leave; 17 days until May 27th. We're flying into Germany, going to do the Alps in Austria and Switzerland and then heading to Toulouse, which is in the southern middle part of France.

I'll be blogging the whole trip with lots of pictures, and, hopefully, some sounds, and plenty, of commas. In the mean time, I'll be at home, which is probably the only place in the U.S. where the internet doesn't go. So be sure to check back starting May 23rd; by May 27th, for sure, I will be bloging again.

1 comment:

Brad V said...

Have a great time, Mike.

I will be following along on the blog.

Au revoir!