Saturday, April 29

Mifflin Street 2006

Every year at the end of the year, there's a huge block party on Mifflin Street. People started heading over to Mifflin Street, which is about 3-4 blocks from my dorm in the early afternoon. The police had a heavy presence, stopping people from walking down the street with boxes of beer.

My roommate and I didn't feel like studying so we went to State Street for lunch and to check out the new art museum. Letters in Bottles has some good pictures of the recently opened museum. I think it's pretty well done. The glass stairs are a little scary.

As you can see below, Mifflin Street is an amalgamation of a bunch of house parties. It's about two blocks long and spills over into the neighboring blocks. There were many people all over the place and even more rubbish strewn about. All day long today it's been drizzling so we just walked from one end to the other and back. Although there is much inebriation, I did not take part. Even now, I can hear the music, people, and sirens from the party.

I took a lot of pictures, and here are the best. The first two are from my lair (dorm room) high above Dayton Street. The third is from the Art Museum. Who knew that you can't take pictures of the art? And the rest are from Mifflin.














No comments: